Assistant Director, Graduate Programs - Norman J. Radow College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Job ID: 248829
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Find your wings at KSU!
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia's colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university's vibrant culture, diversity, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144.
Assists the Associate Dean and Graduate Program Directors within the college with advertising, recruitment, onboarding, orientation, deployment of resources, ordering texts and materials, scheduling facilities, student and faculty communications, University communications, procurement activities, certifications examination coordination, event scheduling and facilitation, employer communications, graduation planning and execution, and post-graduation alumni communications. Responsible for other activities required to administer the graduate programs, as assigned. Manages the assigned staff and/or student assistants.
1. Leads the recruitment efforts for the graduate programs including addressing all inquiries, providing appropriate and up-to-date information and/or materials, and working with prospective students to complete application files
2. Participates in local, regional, and national recruitment events such as recruitment fairs and hosts information sessions for graduate programs
3. Reviews and assesses application materials to ascertain qualifications necessary for progression in the admissions process are met
4. Reviews the approved electronic system and manages communication plans for in process admission applications on a continuous basis
5. Creates, coordinates, and sends acceptance and/or rejection letters and communicates the final admissions decisions to Graduate Admissions
6. Organizes, manages, and executes the logistics pertaining to orientation and new student onboarding
7. Coordinates with the Bursar's office to ensure charges are accurate and students meet tuition payment deadlines
8. Works with the Registrar's Office to ensure students are registered for classes
9. Supervises assigned program staff and student assistant(s) and processes the paperwork for graduate research and teaching assistants
10. Assists with compiling data for and preparing reports as requested
11. Maintains accurate and comprehensive student records, including student and graduate placement, degree progress, and demographics
12. Assists the Directors with the management and use of allocated budget, as requested
13. Maintains and updates program website, social media, and other platforms
14. Responsible for the development of assigned alumni projects throughout the fiscal year
15. Manages and designs all program events including, but not limited to, choosing and contracting event space and details, budget/procurement of event, supervising flow of event and follow-up
16. Assists with procurement of instructional materials for the students in cohort-based programs
17. Executes timed communication plan for graduating students, to include graduation events, regalia, hooding ceremony, etc.
18. Coordinates with events team to plan and execute graduation reception and associated activities, provides approvals as appropriate
19. Oversees execution of graduation reception and address issues as they arise
20. Serves and provides guidance, counseling, and advisement to students in the graduate programs regarding curriculum requirements, processes, and policies
21. Monitors program activities, identifies challenges and opportunities, and reports the information to the program leadership and team, as requested
22. Collaborates with the KSU Strategic Communication Team for efficient program marketing and advertising campaigns
23. Provides support and ensures the smooth functioning of the graduate programs within the college
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education
Three (3) years of related work experience in higher education
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Proficient in Target X, Microsoft Office, ePro, OwlPay, Works, EMS, Banner, Concur, Careers or similar electronic systems
Previous experience in higher education
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to work collaboratively with others
Able to provide direction and explain processes and train
Displays professionalism and discernment at all times
Able to be self-directed and demonstrate personal initiative
Able to initiate and lead projects
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time while still meeting assigned deadlines
Able to work with and communicate with individuals at all levels internal and external to the university
Familiar with Banner and student registration procedures and programs
Analytical thinker and problem solver
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e., Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national, origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is a supervisory position.
This position has financial responsibilities.
No, this position will be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
- Standard Enhanced + Education + Credit + DMV
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=248829&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-115d3efdcdb0f9489d20471d63d156ae