St. Charles Community College is committed to diversifying its faculty and staff in service to our students. Located just west of St. Louis, in the heart of growing St. Charles County, SCC was established in 1986, as a public, comprehensive two-year community college offering associate degrees and certificate programs in the arts, business, sciences, healthcare and career-technical fields. For the enrichment of our campus community, SCC provides workforce training, personal and professional development, community service, cultural, recreational, and entertainment opportunities. SCC serves a growingly diverse student population and actively seeks candidates who have a passion for supporting the college mission of preparing our students for success in a diverse global society. At SCC, diversity is a strength and a resource that enhances the learning and working environment and contributes to institutional excellence.
St. Charles Community College seeks a full-time Academic Dean who will provide responsible leadership for the Division of Arts, Humanities, & Social Sciences, including the delivery, assessment, and review of all programs and courses, supervision of all division faculty and staff, budget management, and administering College policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains and supports high level of academic quality for student learning and provides leadership that contributes to increased student retention and success.
- Oversee the growth of online education and dual credit for the division.
- Develops and maintains departmental budgets.
- Identifies strategies for developing new programs and evaluating existing programs ensuring ongoing assessment and program review.
- Administers proper academic program development, promotion, and recruitment.
- Stays current on classroom teaching practices/techniques within department and collaborates with faculty to identify new innovative approaches to instruction.
- Communicates information to faculty and staff in a timely and professional manner.
- Promotes the division's departments internally and externally.
- Provides leadership that builds collaboration, respect, and inclusion within and between departments.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Experience hiring, developing and supervising employees.
- Knowledge of budget development and administration.
- Familiarity with scheduling and technology needed to monitor and support enrollment.
- Knowledge of the community college mission and an awareness and understanding of the needs of underrepresented students.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to effectively resolve conflicts when needed.
- Awareness of best practices in various instructional delivery modes, including on-line education.
Master's degree (M. A.) or equivalent from an accredited institution and three or more years' experience as a full-time administrator in an educational setting. Some teaching experience required.
To apply, visit: https://stchas.aaimtrack.com/jobs/522431.html
St. Charles Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency